You should always make a sure that your potential investigator is licensed and in good standing with the state of Tennessee and a member of a professional association like TALPI. You should always ask for experience and qualifications that are related to your matter. Most private investigators will specialize in several areas and will refer another investigator to help you if they do not typically handle your case type. To help save costs, you should look for an investigator who works near your location.
2. How much does it cost to hire a professional investigator?
Costs will vary depending upon the type of case and time required. Our investigators provide a quote up front for the initial phase. Additionally, when multiple investigators are needed, the fees will increase to include the costs.
3. What types of investigations do members conduct?
Talpi Members are experts in all types of private investigations. Anything from accident reproduction to child custody cases, our team has you covered.
4. What are the requirements to be a licensed investigator in Tennessee?
An applicant must:
Be at least 21 years of age
Be a citizen of the United States or a resident alien
Not have been declared by any court of competent jurisdiction incompetent by reason of mental defect or disease (unless subsequently declared competent by a court of competent jurisdiction)
Affiliated with a licensed Tennessee PI company or license own company
Not suffer from habitual drunkenness or narcotics addiction or dependence
Be of good moral character
Meet examination and continuing education requirements
Applicant must submit fingerprint cards for processing by TBI and FBI for criminal history check.
More information is available at: www.tn.gov/commerce/boards/pi/pirReq.shtml
5. What states offer reciprocal license agreements with Tennessee?
Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Virginia. Arkansas and Kentucky offer reciprocalagreements with application.
- Patrick Wells - Chairman, 2016-2017
- Mona Martin - Treasurer, 2016-2017
- Buddy Mitchell - Vice-Chairman, 2016-2017
- Debby Humphrey - Member-At-Large, 2016-2017
- Janice Thomas - Member-At-Large, 2016-2017
- Billy Simmons SR - Member-At-Large 2016-2017
- Heather M. Cohen - Secretary